[TSC-public] Progress on ELF

Luther Tychonievich tychonievich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 08:06:33 CDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Richard Smith <rsmith at fhiso.org> wrote:

> I wonder how many of these extensions have multiple independent
> implementations which are mutually compatible?  It seems to me that such
> extensions could be getting close to crossing the line between a
> vendor-specific extension and a de facto standard.

GEDCOM-L has a nice list of which programs have used which tags (only in
their german-language site):

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/GEDCOM/_Nutzerdef-Tag

Some they note as being used by five or more programs include

NAME._AKA (also known as)
Fam.(Event)._DATE2 (I didn't follow the description and haven't seen enough
in the wind to know)
INDI._GODP (god parent)
INDI.NAME._MARNM (married name)
INDI._MILT (military service)
FAM.CHIL._MREL (relationship to parents)
OBJE._PRIM (I didn't follow the description and haven't seen enough in the
wind to know)
FAM._STAT (status)
INDI.NAME._RUFNAME (common given name, as underlined in official German
documents)
*._UID (UUID, with variable meaning as noted elsewhere in this thread)