[TSC-public] Progress on ELF

Richard Smith rsmith at fhiso.org
Fri Oct 27 14:45:10 CDT 2017

On 27/10/17 20:37, Albert Emmerich wrote:

> GEDCOM 5.5EL was created by 6 program authors and the "Verein für
> Computergenealogie" (this association is running the genealogy.net
> webpage). One of these 6 authors is no longer active, but 4 of them
> are members of the Gedcom-L, which is again an activity of the
> "Verein für Computergenealogie". Gedcom-L started after GEDCOM 5.5EL
> was finished, so Gedcom-L is the newer version.
>
> The authors of GEDCOM 5.5EL were involved in the replacement of
> GEDCOM 5.5EL themselves, and they follow the Gedcom-L agreements
> now.

Thanks.  I hadn't realised that.  In that case, I've happy to consider
the GEDCOM-L page to be the definitive reference for GEDCOM 5.5EL.

What programs currently support most or all of GEDCOM 5.5EL?

--
Richard Smith,                       FHISO   <http://fhiso.org/>
FHISO Technical Co-Coordinator       One Community, One Standard