[TSC-public] Progress on ELF

Albert Emmerich Emmerich.Albert at t-online.de
Fri Oct 27 14:37:09 CDT 2017

GEDCOM 5.5EL was created by 6 program authors and the "Verein für Computergenealogie" (this association is running the genealogy.net webpage). One of these 6 authors is no longer active, but 4 of them are members of the Gedcom-L, which is again an activity of the "Verein für Computergenealogie". Gedcom-L started after GEDCOM 5.5EL was finished, so Gedcom-L is the newer version.
The authors of GEDCOM 5.5EL were involved in the replacement of GEDCOM 5.5EL themselves, and they follow the Gedcom-L agreements now.

Albert (Emmerich)