[TSC-public] Progress on ELF

Albert Emmerich Emmerich.Albert at t-online.de
Fri Oct 27 14:17:34 CDT 2017

GEDCOM 5.5EL is no longer supported but replaced by the conclusions of Gedcom-L, as described in
http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/GEDCOM/PLAC-Tag#Agreements_for_PLAC
The reason were:
- GEDCOM 5.5EL did not follow the GEDCOM spec in some definitions,
- more features of the GOV system (http://gov.genealogy.net/search/index) were implemented in the Gedcom-L model

The Gedcom-L version uses the possibilities the GEDCOM standard gives for user defined tags, and follows the rules of GEDCOM standard.
There is no formal spec available for these agreements.

Albert (Emmerich)