[TSC-public] Progress on ELF

Albert Emmerich Emmerich.Albert at t-online.de
Fri Oct 27 14:06:10 CDT 2017

to 1.: Yes, this solution is recommended by Gedcom-L as defined in:

http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/GEDCOM/FAM-Tag

Albert (Emmerich)

... the citation is:

*F8 Same-sex Partnerships*

The standard always assumes by the text, that by HUSB a man and by WIFE
a woman is referenced. An explicit arrangement for same-sex partnerships
is not included in the standard.

It is recommended not to conclude from the tags HUSB and WIFE to the
gender of the person ( this is explicitly set by the tag SEX in the
individual record or remains open in absence of tag SEX ). Therefor
same-sex partnerships can be exported in the family record by referring
by HUSB to a woman or by WIFE to a man.