[TSC-public] Progress

Nick Hall nick-h at gramps-project.org
Mon May 9 17:22:26 EDT 2016

On 09/05/16 19:23, Luther Tychonievich wrote:
> I have been planning to go through the "QuickCheck Model" citations in
> EE and try to compile the list of keys Elizabeth uses there; etc.

I notice that there are a few sample quick check models available here:

https://www.evidenceexplained.com/content/sample-quickcheck-models

A few years ago there was an enhancement proposal to implement evidence
style sources in Gramps.

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_018:_Evidence_style_sources

One of our developers suggested using the Yates templates.

http://jytangledweb.org/genealogy/evidencestyle/

The problem is that these have a large number of distinct citation
elements.  If these elements are treated as labels or descriptions, then
the number of elements can be reduced.  If the same element is allowed
to be used more than once in mutli-layered citations, then it should be
possible to reduce the number of distinct citation elements down to a
reasonably small number.

Another issue is that there are a large number of models.  This may be
confusing for a user trying to choose the correct model.  Do we plan to
suggest citation elements for each model?

Is it possible to construct models from sub-models?  Can we combine
patterns of common citation elements?

Nick.