[Sources-Citations] Straw poll: use URIs for metadata identifiers?

Richard Smith rsmith at fhiso.org
Thu Aug 20 05:57:55 CDT 2015

On 17/08/15 20:14, Luther Tychonievich wrote:
> It appears from some of the posts on this list that the S&CEG is leaning
> toward using URIs for metadata identifiers.  That choice might be worth
> establishing as a larger-scale FHISO policy.  The TSC is thinking of
> proposing this to tsc-public and asking for input, but before we do that
> are we correct in interpreting you as being in favour of (or at least
> not opposed to) URI identifiers?

Just to keep members informed, following Richard Tallent's email of 16
August [1], I contacted Ryan Heaton at FamilySearch to check that he was
amendable to (i) using well-known URIs from existing vocabularies such
as Dublin Core, and (ii) using URIs defined on the fhiso.org domain.  He
was happy with both.

[1]
http://fhiso.org/pipermail/sources-citations_fhiso.org/2015-August/000285.html

Richard Smith                    rsmith at fhiso.org
FHISO Technical Standing Committee Co-Coordinator