[Core-Concepts] GEDCOM docs

Richard Smith rsmith at fhiso.org
Wed Jan 28 13:30:01 CST 2015

Picking up on this thread from last month ...

On 17/12/14 15:41, Justin York wrote:
> GEDCOM should be the next model we document.
>
> 1. Is anyone willing to tackle this?

I can give it a go.  (I've reduced my working hours in the last few
weeks and now have a bit more free time.)

> 2. Which version(s) should we document?

I think 5.5 primarily as it is the most the recent released version of
GEDCOM, and in my experience the extra 5.5.1 features are less well
supported.  We can note where 5.5.1 differs from 5.5.  I don't see any
point in considering any of the older versions, and in any case it's
quite hard to get documentation on them.

Richard Smith                    rsmith at fhiso.org
FHISO Technical Standing Committee Co-Coordinator