Board Meeting Held 23 June 2021 at 2100UTC

Present: Luther Tychonievich — Chair; Richard Smith — Vice Chair and Technical Coordinator; Roger Moffat — Secretary, Treasurer & Membership Coordinator; and Seth Taplin — Technical Co-coordinator.


  1. Minutes of the previous meetings: The minutes of the 12 May 2021 Board Meeting were reviewed and approved by the Board for publication.
  2. Finances: 
    PayPal Balance at 23 June 2021 = $494.32 (no change since last meeting)
  3. Registered Agent:
    1. After some research it was decided to switch our Registered Agent from Caritas Law to Northwest Registered Agent for a savings of about ⅔ over what we are currently paying. Target 1 November to make the switch.
  4. Membership:
    1. We need to do a call for renewals, and review the current membership. We proposed a 2 month extension last year and a 1 year extension earlier this year, but neither of those were actually implemented. Roger will add 14 months to everyone’s expiration date.
  5. Board Elections:
    1. Roger and Luther’s positions are up for re-election, plus 2 new “At Large” positions.
    2. Proposed AGM on 7 August – notice of meeting must be sent by 26 June, but conflicts mean that the earliest we can all meet will be 21 August.
    3. We will discuss GEDCOM 7 at that meeting.
    4. Some discussion about how the Vice-chair can stand for Chair if they’re not in the same election cycle.
  6. GEDCOM 7 Report:
    1. GEDCOM 7 has been published, with two FHISO representatives in the contributors list
    2. All major requirements identified in the ELF project were added to GEDCOM 7, most in the way ELF proposed
  7. Technical Work:
    1. Some progress in Basic Concepts and Entities

Date of next meeting: 21 July 2021 2100UTC 5PM EDT