FHISO Board Meeting held 13 June 2017 at 1800 UTC

The meeting was held by private Google Hangout

Present: Drew Smith — Chair, Tony Proctor — Vice Chair; Roger Moffat — Secretary; Andrew Hatchett — Membership Coordinator; Luther Tychonievich — Technical Coordinator; Richard Smith — Technical Co-Coordinator.

Absent: Greg Lamberson — Treasurer; Brett McPhee — Membership Coordinator.

  1. Minutes from the previous meetings. Approved minutes of the 16 March 2017 Board Meeting, and action by written consent on 30 January, 3 February and 16 March.
  2. Publishing minutes. Minutes will be written and made available for the Board to look over. Once we agree they’re fine then link them publicly. If mistakes are subsequently discovered they can be corrected.
  3. Legal status. no progress has been reported back from Carter Group. Drew will follow up with them. Andy will attempt to find postal mailing addresses for all of the people who had ever been officers as part of the process of reinstatement.
  4. Finance. The PayPal account has a balance of $44.82 and the Bank of America has a balance of $741.81. Roger will prepare a summary of expenditure and income from the bank statements.
  5. Domains. The bettergedcom.org domain is coming due for renewal in August, while bettergedcom.com, fhiso.org, fhiso.com, and fhiso.net all come due for renewal in January. We will let the bettergedcom domains expire, set fhiso.org and fhiso.com to renew and allow fhiso.net to expire.
  6. Membership. Agreed to extend the Memberships to 31 December 2018 pending reinstatement in Arizona and completion of elections after that.
  7. Technical Project Team. The TSC informed the Board of the formation a single Technical Project Team with general purview in order to satisfy the requirements of the TSC governance documents, and it was agreed that it was not necessary to announce formally its creation.
  8. Technical Progress. The TSC has several draft documents which are expected to be in a state to solicit general comments soon; the board discussed how to best publicise these. It was agreed that the TSC would release first drafts of standards for public comment as and when they became ready, rather than waiting and releasing a large batch all together. As soon as a document is ready prepare 1-2 sentence summary of each document to be sent to each of our mailing lists so we can collect bounce notices and get feedback.
  9. Facebook. Roger will take a look at the Facebook banner on the FHISO page.
  10. Next meeting. The next meeting of the FHISO Board will be held on Tues 1 Aug at 18:00 (UTC).

Meeting ended at 1920 UTC

Submitted by Roger Moffat