[TSC-public] Format for Raw Source Content

Nick Hall nick-h at gramps-project.org
Sat Jan 10 13:37:18 EST 2015

On 10/01/15 16:43, Thomas Wetmore wrote:
> When Gramps reads records from an XML file, do you keep those XML DOMs around, or do you extract all the semantics from the DOMs and then discard them?

Gramps XML is used for data transfer and backup.  It is converted into
trees of python objects on import.  Serialised versions of these trees
are stored in the database.  Importing Gramps XML is easy because its
structure mirrors the object hierarchy.

We could use an XML DOM as an alternative database for Gramps.  I expect
that it would perform quite well.  The actual implementation would be
hidden in the database layer.

Nick.