[Tsc-announce] First two exploratory groups

Richard Smith rsmith at fhiso.org
Sat Oct 4 10:21:28 CDT 2014

We are pleased to announce that our first two exploratory groups are now
fully organised and have started work.

The Core Concepts Exploratory Group (CCEG) is tasked with carrying out
exploratory work into the core genealogical concepts pertaining to
persons, their intrinsic and extrinsic properties, the events in their
lives, and the relationships they have with other persons.

    http://fhiso.org/cceg

The Lexicon Exploratory Group (LexEG) is tasked with producing a lexicon
of common usage and best practices for genealogical terminology in the
English language.

    http://fhiso.org/lexeg

Finally, we have begun work on an informal bibliography of material that
might be useful to our standardisation work.

    http://fhiso.org/bibliography

We welcome contributions to all aspects of our technical work.  For more
ways to get involved see:

    http://fhiso.org/tsc

Richard Smith                    rsmith at fhiso.org
FHISO Technical Standing Committee Co-Coordinator